Adding a new color to your kitchen walls can change the way it appears significantly. However, you’ll need to select your shades carefully, or you’ll end up with a space that looks smaller or less appealing than it was.
If you’re using dark wood on your kitchen cabinets, then you need to choose paint colors that match them well.
What Colors Will Match Dark Kitchen Cabinets
There are instances where you’d want to refinish or repaint your cabinets to make them even more aesthetic. That’s a good thing since you’ll have the opportunity to give your kitchen a new look without spending too much.
But would it be a great paint color to match your existing dark wood cabinets? Here are some tips to consider:
- Pair your dark cabinets with warm yet neutral kitchen paint colors to soften the intensity
- Use cool neutrals as an alternative to open up your space
- You can use bright colors to soften your dark cabinets and bring out your personality
- Choose bold white colors to create an amazing contrast in your kitchen
Tips for a Small Kitchen
It’s not easy to choose the ideal paint color if you have dark cabinets in a small kitchen. The good news is that there are still things you can try to make the most of it.
Consider these tips below:
- Match your chosen paint with the color of your cabinets to minimize contrast as much as possible
- Use the same color as your cabinets but trim them to make the walls longer and the ceilings taller
- Don’t use cool white colors, as this can make a space appear dingy
Get Help from Professional Painters
Renovating a kitchen can be simple and easy to do. Adding a fresh coat of paint can change the way it looks and feels significantly. However, it’s not easy to incorporate new colors when you aren’t sure how it will look once done. There are many things you need to consider to make your space look better than it was before.
The good news is that there are professional painters who can help you out. At All Pro Painting, we have a team of experts that can guide you in choosing the ideal colors for your kitchen. These individuals will even work within your budget and give advice on what would work best.
Interested in getting started? Contact us today to schedule an appointment.